Thyme Parmesan Roasted Carrots
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jimmy Boswell
- 7 whole carrots (washed)
- 1/4 cup TVP olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp dry thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 75g grated parmesan cheese
- Trim the rounded ends and pointed tips – both to get rid of any brownness there and make the carrots relatively equal in size.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and slice your carrots lengthwise down the middle.
- Lay them out flat on a baking sheet and pour the olive oil over them. Toss them around until they’re evenly coated.
- Season with salt, pepper and thyme all over and place in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then turn the carrots and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for an additional 15-20, until they’ve just begun to blacken at the tips and wrinkle a bit.