Garlic Honey Chilli Lime Prawns
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jimmy Boswell
Serves: 4 people
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 long green chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp The Village Press Lemon Infused olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp lime juice
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to season
- 16 raw king prawns, shells left on
- Bamboo skewers, soaked in cold water for 2 hours
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Place the garlic, honey, chilli, oil, lime juice, salt and pepper in a large non-metallic bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add the prawns and toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 15-30 minutes.
- Heat a barbecue grill plate to high. Remove prawns from marinade and thread 4 onto bamboo skewers.
- I use 2 skewers to ensure that the prawns can cook evenly on the grill plate and are easier to handle.
- Grill prawn skewers for 2 minutes each side or until prawns are cooked through and golden.
- Serve skewers with lime wedges and seasonal fresh salad of choice.