Smoked Paprika Hummus
Recipe courtesy of Jonathan Spice
- 1 x 400gm Tin Chick peas (drained)
- 30ml Lemon Juice
- 120 ml EVOO
- 1 level Tsp Smoked Paprika
- Salt & Pepper (pinch of each)
- Focaccia, sourdough or ciabatta loaf
- Drain the chickpeas and place into a bowl, add the lemon juice, 100 ml of the EVOO, salt & pepper.
- With the remaining 20ml of EVOO, add to a small pan and heat, and add the smoked paprika and simmer on a low heat for approx. 20 seconds. This will help to cook down the spice and increase the flavour.
- Once done add to the other ingredients.
- Blend all together with a hand wand, blitz until all smooth.
- Best made the day before you need it.
- If you want your hummus to be a little thicker, just reduce the olive oil by 20 ml.
Serve hummus in a bowl with a little paprika sprinkled over top, with warm slices of bread.