Pork Slices With Asian Greens & Caramalised Jus
Recipe courtesy of Jonathan Spice
Serves: 2 people
- 2 x Pork Slices
- 2 Limes
- 1 Tsp Soya Sauce
- 2 Tsps TVP EVOO
- ½ Tsp Chinese Five Spice
- 1 Tblspn Palm Sugar
- 2 Tsp Fish Sauce
- 1 cm square piece of Fresh Ginger – sliced finely
- Fresh Coriander to garnish
- 1 Fresh Chilli – sliced finely
- 2 x small Spring Onions (whole for garnish)
- Marinate pork slices in soya sauce and Chinese five spice for 20 mins to 1 hour before cooking.
- Pan fry the pork slices for 5-7 mins each side (depending on thickness) in EVOO until cooked, and then set aside and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of palm sugar in a saucepan with 2 teaspoons of water on a low heat, cook until sugar has dissolved or melted.
- Add 2 teaspoons of fish sauce, juice of 1 lime, thin slices of fresh ginger, thin slices of 1 fresh chilli.
- Simmer for 2 minutes until thickened.
- Slice each pork slice diagonally into approx. 6 pieces.
- Drizzle jus over the pork and garnish with fresh coriander and spring onions and slices of lime on the side.
- Delicious served with some steamed white rice.